Growing Retail Pond Supply and Koi Retailer seeks an experienced aquarium store manager to run our retail store.
Full Time Position
- NO COLLEGE STUDENTS, SORRY
- Looking for someone that wants a CAREER in the Koi and pond business, this is not a temp position.
- Handle the day to management of the retail store including retail sales of pond supplies, fish and aquatic plants.
- Handle the care of our koi including water quality monitoring, backwashing filters and water changes, feeding identifying potential issues with fish, applying medications/treatments when necessary, managing quarantine protocols.
- Maintenance of aquatic plants
- Handle the packaging and shipping of koi and pond supplies purchased from both the retail and online store
- Manage all Koi Inventory and provide feedback on koi purchasing decisions based on historical sales and customer feedback
- Keep the store, greenhouse, show ponds clean and organized
- Collect customer data and help build customer relationships
- Communicate daily with owner about the needs of the store and tasks to be completed on a daily basis.
- Some weekend work will be required…
- Must have former management experience at a pet store or aquarium store
- Degree in Marine Biology, Aquaculture or a related field A+
- Working knowledge of water quality (chemistry) A+
- Experience with pond maintenance and filtration, including familiarity with a variety of life support systems A+
- Excellent observational, computer, and written skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through the use of effective organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, make decisions and efficiently complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction well
- Must wear company uniform while on the job, no exceptions
- Must be well groomed and presentable at all times
- Sales Experience a+ –
- Must have a valid driver’s license, up to date insurance and a reliable vehicle, no exceptions
- Must be able to lift at least 75+ lbs, some heavy lifting will be involved
Starting Salary: $17.00 – $20.00hr Based on Experience