IMPORTANT: All koi shipments need 5–10 days notice prior to shipping in order to stop the feeding and prepare your koi for a safe journey. However, when packing koi, we must consider the condition of the koi, water temperature and delivery time. Koi Market reserves the right to determine how many koi can be shipped in a box.
Our 24 hour koi health guarantee is based on our farm’s packing recommendation for your shipment. Any request to alter the shipping/packing recommendation requires a waiver of the 24 hour koi health guarantee to be sent to Koi Market via E-mail.
Koi Market Quarantine Process
We take our Quarantine Process very seriously!
- All our holding tanks have separate filtration, nets, viewing bowls & tanks are separated to prevent cross contamination splashing, hands are also washed between each tank interaction.
- New Koi Arrivals are Scraped, Scoped and Treated from each tank
- Treated w/ Salt to .6% for 1 week
- Treated w/ Proform-C or Forma Green
- Treated w/ 100% Praziquantel Twice
- Water is Heat Ramped between 75 degrees as per Kennebec Bioscience Labs.
- All Fish Remain in Quarantine a minimum of 6 – 8 weeks before release.
- Following 6 – 8 week Quarantine, Koi are chosen from each tank and shipped to Kennebec River Biosciences who perform both PCR & ELISA KHV Tests.
Please contact us after purchasing to confirm shipping date and shipping method. Shipping is paid for separately after checkout. If you have any questions about shipping, contact us at (516) 809-6771 or firstname.lastname@example.org